The building of the 9601, LaSalle Boulevard, quoted historic building, is a vernacular house built at the beginning of 1930 and modified in 1992. Of rectangular plan, it rises on two stages, has a flat roof and comprises a terrace on the second level. The residence divides, on the western side, a party wall with its neighbor, the house De Lorimier-Bélanger.
It is built a little withdrawn from the public highway, on a ground comprising of large trees, facing the St. Lawrence River the municipal district of LaSalle of the town of Montreal.
The patrimonial value of the building of the 9601, LaSalle Boulevard rests on the seniority of the occupation of the site on which it is. This site belongs to a ground into censive and a seigniory, named Saint-Sulpice, conceded by Sulpiciens in Rene-Robert Cavelier of the Room (1643-1687) in 1667.
Between 1795 and 1803, Claude-Nicolas-Guillaume De Lorimier (1744-1825), called Knight De Lorimier, occupies a house, the current house De Lorimier-Bélanger, built on part of this site. The house located to the 9601, LaSalle Boulevard is set up at the beginning of the years 1930 to replace the house is house De Lorimier-Bélanger. The two residences have a party wall thus. Moreover, the wall of foundation on which the frontage rests before building of the 9601, LaSalle Boulevard constitutes a vestige of the old wing is house De Lorimier-Bélanger, built at the end of the XVIIIe century. The building of the 9601, LaSalle Boulevard deserves a detailed attention compared to its establishment, of the safeguarding of the close house and the old architectural elements, which it conceals.
The key elements of the building of the 9601, LaSalle boulevard related to the value of seniority of its site include/understand, in particular: - its localization on the same site as the house De Lorimier-Bélanger, vis-a-vis the St. Lawrence river and with the Amerindian reserve of Kahnawake; - the party wall, on the western side, coupled at the house De Lorimier-Bélanger - the foundation of its front frontage, constituting a vestige of the old wing is house De Lorimier-Bélanger